Monday, November 5, 2012

Just Like My Hero

The contest theme for Spoonflower this week is "Be My Hero".  I decided not to go with a 'Super Hero' theme, and instead designed my entry as a tribute to all the men and women who risk their lives each and every day to keep our wonderful country safe and preserve our right to FREEDOM.  

Most children want to be just like their hero at some point in their lives. A hero can wear many hats and perform many different duties and rolls. When I asked my 9 and 12 year old boys who they thought some heroes in their lives were, they responded by listing just about every different military person they could think of. They also included firefighters and police officers in their list...with mom and dad thrown in too for good measure. :) I decided on a military (army) theme for my HERO design to honor our everyday SUPER HEROES.  Thank you for all you do!

Please check out Spoonflower if you get a chance, and VOTE for my design "Just Like My Hero"!  I greatly appreciate all of your support and encouragement!  Thank you!!

Close-up View



No comments:

Post a Comment